Systems are penetrated by outsiders, insiders and business partners – and the cost of a data breach can rapidly multiply.The sophistication of IT attacks is on the rise and the statistics are disturbing:
- A major e-commerce portal’s data breach compromised details like passwords, emails, birthdates and other personal information of 145 million users.
- A major leading App store was brought down twice by a Turkish hacker using a malformed apk.
- 56 million Debit and Credit cards were stolen from an American Retail company in 2014 using a Malware.
- Data breach on U.S. multinational banking and financial services holding company corrupted data of 76 million users using a web application.
- 10,849,597 Records were stolen using 732 breaches from January 2017 to June 2017 recorded by Identity Theft Resource Center.
- WannaCry ransomware affected 230,000 computers in over 150 countries in 1 day.